Published in Windslesora 20 (2003)
Sadly we have to report the death of Elizabeth Brown (1923-2003) who was a founder member of Windsor Local History Publications Group. Elizabeth was a great researcher, notably of the burial ground in Bachelor’s Acre, and wrote articles in Windlesora:
- 01: A Peep Behind the Ivy (*).
- 04: Brown Brothers of Windsor.
- 06: Diary of a Stationmaster.
- 11: Windsor Parish Players
- 16: Perambulation of the Parish Boundaries.
- 18: St John the Baptist, the Old Church.
Having lived in Windsor for all of her married life, she latterly lived in Winkfield and attended meetings of the Group until prevented by ill health.
We extend our sympathy to her daughter Caroling, granddaughter Melanie, and family.